City to Celebrate African American History Month with Soul Food Celebration, Feb. 5. | Community Spirit
The following is a press release from the City of Hattiesburg:
The City of Hattiesburg’s will celebrate soul food at its annual African American History Month Celebration, to be held Feb. 5 at 6 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 308 Newman St. in downtown Hattiesburg.
“Celebrating Hattiesburg’s Best Soul Food,” is the theme of the 2013 celebration. The event is free and open to the public, but citizens are asked to bring a favorite soul food dish to share as admission to the event. Those who do not have the time or inclination to cook may bring a gallon of sweet tea or lemonade.
Local jazz and blues artist T-Bone Pruitt will provide entertainment.
For more information, contact Councilwoman Deborah Delgado, Chairperson of the celebration, at 225-921-0656, or visit the Hattiesburg City Council’s Facebook page.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out