Southern Miss Professor Morgan receives grant for Solar Cell Research | Environment
Dr. Sarah Morgan, associate professor in the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials at The University of Southern Mississippi, has been awarded a $60,000 grant from the Ray C. Anderson Foundation that will be used in her continuing solar cells research.
Morgan’s grant is part of $270,000 awarded by the foundation in research grants for sustainability programs. Other schools receiving grants include Georgia Institute of Technology, Auburn University and Arizona State University.
“The generous funding from the Ray C. Anderson Foundation will support undergraduate and graduate students to pursue research in polymeric solar cells,” said Morgan. “Research is an integral part of the students’ education. Research focused on renewable resources is of paramount importance for a sustainable future.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arc Showstoppers put on fun, festive fundraiser
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year