Southern Miss Alumnus Harrington to serve as Rodeo Grand Marshal | Events
Micky Harrington, an alumnus of The University of Southern Mississippi, will serve as the Grand Marshal for the 28th Southern Miss Coca-Cola Classic Rodeo, set for Feb. 15-16 at the James Lynn Cartlidge Forrest County Multi Purpose Center on U.S. 49 South in Hattiesburg, Miss.
Harrington was a scholarship athlete in basketball and baseball at what was then known as Mississippi Southern College. After graduation, he served two years in the military before signing with the Philadelphia Phillies to play professional baseball. Harrington returned to Hattiesburg and served as an assistant coach with the men’s basketball team at Southern Miss and later moved to the Recreational Sports Department to open and manage the Equestrian Center.
After 28 years of service to Southern Miss, Harrington retired leaving a legacy through his contributions, most notably in the creation of the Southern Miss Coca-Cola Classic Rodeo which continues to fund many scholarships and leadership academy stipends for students.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Top Forrest County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies