Southern Miss Professor inducted into American Academy of Nursing | News
Dr. Rowena Elliott, associate professor in the College of Nursing at The University of Southern Mississippi, has been inducted as a Fellow in the prestigious American Academy of Nursing.
Elliott, who also serves as director of the Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Program at Southern Miss, was recognized during the Academy’s 39th Annual Meeting and Conference held earlier this month in Washington, D.C.
“This recognition is one of the most rewarding honors that any nurse can receive,” said Elliott. “To me, it is a public appreciation for all of the hard work, sleepless nights and endless dedication to your profession. I am blessed, humbled and honored to become a Fellow and continue the work to advance the profession of nursing.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Top Forrest County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies