First Canvases for a Cure fundraiser wraps up at FGH | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- A three-day fund raising event to fight breast cancer wrapped up at Forrest General Hospital's Cancer Center Wednesday.
Final bids were accepted in the first, Canvases for a Cure.
About 60 paintings were up for auction, with all proceeds benefitting the Cancer Center through the Forrest General Hospital Foundation.
They were painted by Forrest General Hospital's Spirit Girls and members of the Southern Miss Panhellenic Council.
"Ultimately, it's not about the money, it's more about what it's doing for the patients and all the visitors here at the Cancer Center...just a ray of happiness and sunshine as they walk in and just a symbolism of hope," said Jennifer Gunn, Spirit Girls coordinator at Forrest General Hospital.
Bidding began on Monday.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Top Forrest County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hattiesburg residents speak out on immigration bill
- Thriffiley New Director-Liaison for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- USM halts tornado relief in deference to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Hattiesburg Sunrise Rotary Club gives $5000 to scouts
- Southern Miss halts solicitations for campus beautification campaign