Seven Petal teens arrested in connection with several burglaries | News
PETAL, MS (WDAM)- Seven Petal area teens, including four juveniles, have been arrested in connection with several burglaries.
The burglaries took place in a two month period in the city of Petal, and Forrest, Perry, and Lamar Counties. Arrested were James Dillion Mitchell, Brenna Rowell, and Austin Mitchell. The four juveniles were not identified. They are charged with residential burglary and receiving stolen property.
Authorities say the seven are accused of being involved in more than 10 burglaries and could be tied to more.
The Hattiesburg Police, and the sheriff's departments from Forrest, Perry, and Lamar County assisted in the arrests.
"The Petal Police Department encourages all citizens to lock their homes and their vehicles and to keep an eye on your neighbors property," said Mitch Nobles, Investigator, Petal Police Department. "Anything that you see that is out of place, we encourage you call the Petal Police."
Several of the stolen items were recovered. Most has been claimed by the owners.
The seven suspects were arrested Nov. 11. They remain in custody.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HHS burglaries prompt school officials to replace security cameras
- Hattiesburg garbage truck fire extinguished on Highway 98
- Midday Guests: Wendy and Houston Rhodes with the Seth Harris Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Southern Miss president touts energy research at USM
- Hattiesburg’s National Night Out Against Crime Campaign Ranks 8th in Country