Former President Shelby Thames to be Inducted into Innovators Hall of Fame | People
The Mississippi Technology Alliance will induct a former University of Southern Mississippi president into its Innovators Hall of Fame on Nov. 13 at the Jackson Convention Center.
Dr. Shelby Thames, a Distinguished University Research Professor in the university’s world-renowned School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, led his alma mater as its executive officer from 2002-2007. In addition to the Hall of Fame induction, Thames will receive an Award of Excellence from the alliance at its annual awards gala.
The MTA launched the Innovators Hall of Fame in 2008 as a way to honor individuals in the state who have made great achievements in the areas of innovation and technology. This year’s gala kicks off the organizations’ 13th annual Conference on Technology Innovation.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program