Southern Miss Engineering Technology student wins Presentation Award | Schools
Every available minute finds University of Southern Mississippi industrial engineering technology student Andrew Adams laboring tirelessly on research that could have a huge impact on the environment should another catastrophe like the Gulf oil spill occur.
Adams’ efforts earned special recognition when he received the Best Student Presentation Award at the annual seminar of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists last month in Charleston, S.C. Only a junior, Adams took home the top prize, despite competing against a large field of doctoral students.
“I was very surprised, excited even, when hearing my name called but mostly I was thinking of the hard work and everything that led up to that moment,” said Adams, an Ellisville, Miss., native who graduated from South Jones High School. “It is not very often that those who are in the lab, putting in long hours of work and research get honored and recognized for what they do.”
For more on this article click HERE.
Top Forrest County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hattiesburg residents speak out on immigration bill
- Thriffiley New Director-Liaison for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- USM halts tornado relief in deference to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Hattiesburg Sunrise Rotary Club gives $5000 to scouts
- Southern Miss halts solicitations for campus beautification campaign