Universities Unite expertise to benefit Mississippi education, business, industry | Schools
The University of Southern Mississippi Center for Logistics, Trade and Transportation and the Mississippi State University - Research Curriculum Unit are partnering to develop an “Intermodal Transportation Curriculum for Secondary Education” as a pilot study.
“This is a fascinating project that will bring important knowledge into the classroom for our children’s bright minds for them to engage and benefit from this important sector for Mississippi,” said Dr. Tulio Sulbaran, director of the Center for Logistics, Trade and Transportation.
“According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in this sector is expected to grow faster than average and therefore it is important for our schools to share this knowledge to give additional job opportunities to our children.”
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out