Cleveland urges Southern Miss graduates: Do something you love | Schools
It’s been the sage advice of many, but when Rick Cleveland’s father told him to follow his passion, he took it to heart.
Cleveland, executive director of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum and a longtime sports reporter and columnist, shared that simple message as he gave the commencement address, Dec. 14 at his alma mater, The University of Southern Mississippi.
Though he could have pursued other careers that would have made him wealthier, Cleveland said his 40 years of covering the state’s sports scene, as well as Super Bowls and other major events, brought him a happiness that can’t be purchased.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program