Annual All-South Band features more than 250 young musicians | Schools
Each year during February, high school students from throughout the southeastern United States convene on The University of Southern Mississippi campus to enjoy an inspiring, music-filled weekend.
The Southern Miss School of Music will host more than 250 students Feb. 7 - 10 during the All-South Honor Band weekend. For many talented students, simply taking part in their own school’s band program is not enough. All-South provides the perfect environment for high school students who crave more knowledge and opportunities to play.
Organized by Dr. Catherine Rand, director of bands at Southern Miss, the clinic boasts students from Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Texas and Virginia. Concerts by numerous School of Music ensembles highlight the weekend that culminates in performances by the students of All-South.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Forrest County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program